Maryland Gifted and Talented students in public school grades 6-12 are invited to participate in an essay contest titled,
“What have gifted education opportunities meant to me?”
This is your opportunity to let everyone know that gifted education is important and necessary for all high potential students in Maryland.
The first place winner selected from each category, Middle School and High School, will be awarded a $50.00 check from MCGATE, a certificate, and a letter of recognition that will also be sent to their local Superintendents. In addition, all winners will be given a special invitation to the Maryland State Department of Education’s Celebrating GT Education Reception!
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced, 12-point font, and should be no longer than three pages.
- Essays should be submitted electronically as a Word document or mailed to:
- MCGATE, 1823 Morning Brook Drive, Forest Hill, MD 21050.
- Attach the completed application form to the essay. MCGATE Essay Contest 2017-2018 Application
- Entries must be postmarked by January 5, 2018.
Essay contest winners will be notified by January 28, 2018. The competition is open to any Maryland public school student in grades 6-12 who now participates or has participated in special programs for gifted and talented learners.